Implants are substitutes for teeth and they are today's best alternative to your natural teeth. They offer you a permanent or secure solution for replacing one or more teeth. They are made of biocompatible materials, just the same as hip implants or similar orthopedic devices, and function as anchors or support for traditional forms of dentistry, such as crowns, bridges or dentures. Many of our patients will tell you that implants have changed not only their smiles, their overall appearance but also even their lives! There are numerous other reasons to choose dental implants:
- Esthetically, they support teeth that look like real teeth. Functionally, dental implants feel and act like real teeth.
- With implants, you can eat and chew again without pain or irritation. Foods that were forbidden are now back in the diet.
- Implants eliminate the need for distasteful adhesives. There is no longer a need to use "glue" when your prosthesis is anchored to implants.
- Implants can actually improve the taste of food. With less plastic covering the roof of your mouth, you can enjoy natural flavors and sensations again.
- Lastly, implants can help maintain your bone structure and support your facial tissues. They can reduce or eliminate bone atrophy, which causes "shrinkage" or facial cosmetic changes.